Modern Understanding, Pathology and Causes of Sexual Problems
In our fast paced, hectic lives, sexual disabilities have become rampant. Over work, stress, too much exercise and trauma are some of the common causes of sexual under-performance. Malnourishment or overweight can also have an adverse affect on libido and sexual abilities. Obesity can dull one’s reflexes and slows down the body which can then have an effect on sexual performance. There are many emotional triggers to sexual problems as well. These include difficulties in relationships, feeling of rejection from the partner, poor body image and confidence issues. A feeling of failure, or lack of sccesus in life can also cause emotional triggers that lower sexual performance and libido.
Modern Allopathy Treatment for Sexual Disorders
The modern treatment for sexual disorders depends greatly on its cause.Cognitive behavioral therapy is usually used for treatment of sexual disorders in Allopathy. Pharmacological help is also available for those who have diminished libido. Sometimes, in more serious cases, hormone replacement therapy may be recommended.
The modern methods of treatment for sexual disorders are usually not curative but they provide just the symptomatic relief. The medicines work immediately but you have to keep using the drugs in order to get the results. This is very time consuming and it may take forever for the disorder to be completely cured. Despite a prolonged treatment time, there is no guarantee that the disorder will be cured. Often, the condition persists despite long term treatment.
Ayurvedic medicine, on the other hand, attack the root cause of the condition and help you recover from it completely within no time.
Some Useful Home Tips and Ayurvedic Treatments for Sexual Problems
You can use Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of your sexual problems. However, before a treatment can be recommended to you, it is important to understand the exact nature of your sexual problems and their triggers. Here are some of the herbs which are usually used in Ayurvedic medicine for sex.
- Ashvagandha: This is an herb, most commonly used for sexual problems. Ashwagandha improves the nervous system, lowering stress levels and improving overall functioning of the autonomic nervous system for better sexual performance.
- Shatavar: This her is used for the treatment of infertility. Shatavar can naturally enhance sperm production, improving both the quality and quantity of sperm in the semen.
- Kaunch: This herb is an excellent remedy for premature ejaculation. It improves the viscosity of semen, so that the sperm continue to be alive in them for longer durations. This herb is ideal for those who have thin, watery semen or those who ejaculate prematurely, leaving their partners dissatisfied.
- Talmakhana: This is another herb used for the treatment of semen anomalies. It improves sperm quality, prevents early ejaculation and improves blood circulation to the genitals.
- Shilajit: This is an herb used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It is a natural agent that improves blood circulation to the groin, helping men who have problems with erection. This herb can also help a man last longer in bed, enabling him to provide pleasure to his partner.